Total Pageviews

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

You are about to be blown away!! Hang on...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

4.3 earthquake in Kentucky

Did you feel it?  Did you hear it?  Did you see it?  Well I certainly didn't.

A 4.3 earthquake hit Kentucky which was the 2nd largest earthquake in the state.  The largest was in 1980 and it was a 5.2 magnitude that hit in Bath County.  My dad was 10 years old at that time.  He says that one sounded like a jet breaking the sound barrier.  Just like now, I am 10 years old and the earthquake struck in 2012.

I was outside.  We were cleaning out the garage and putting things back in.  My mom came outside and said "We are having an earth quake".  Her insides were shaking and she was getting thousands of text messages on her phone.  My dad said that he heard a loud rumbling sound but thought it was a bulldozer on our street. When my  mom told me what the magnitude was, I FLIPPED OUT!  I could not believe my ears.  I didn't know that an earthquake hit here.  I didn't feel a thing.  My mom said she heard the house shake and heard the windows creaking.  She says that usually happens when the wind was blowing hard.  She looked outside for the wind, but saw no wind and that's how she knew it was an earthquake!

Let me know if you felt the earthquake and tell me where you were and what happened!

Sincerely your best blogger friend,
Brennan!!

Happy Shaking

No comments:

Post a Comment